Sunday, June 20, 2010

AMBUS reception was great! I'm stuck at home with TWISTED ankle.

Apparently, the reception for our AMBUS show, The Shape of Memory, at the Rogue Gallery and Art Center was well attended, and a fun time. Check out the pictures. Thanks to Di, our ever vigilant, diligent, and computer saavy president for getting those posted promptly!

Unfortunately, I was unable to make the trip over the mountains for the reception and a weekend getaway. First, Plan A fell through, then so did my back-up plan.... and by then it was too late to make arrangements for this busy Father's Day weekend. What really cinched the deal was twisting my ankle during Friday morning's run! BUMMER! I was planning on a long run, and was feeling good, but 40 minutes in, over a rocky, twisty part of the trail, my left foot caught something, and I went DOWN. OUCH! Often I can shake off these twists, but this one was more severe. Pain radiated up through my leg when I tried to jog, not dissipating, so I knew my run was over....although I did half jog, half walk back home, cuz I was 3 - 4 miles from home!

Note that lovely swelling on my left ankle. This time around, I have been diligently icing, elevating, and resting my ankle! It is early summer, so I want to have a healthy body to enjoy summer running and bicycle riding! If nothing else, this time off my feet allows some computer time, reading, sketching, thinking, and dreaming.....

No comments:

Post a Comment